As road racing fans prepare for the inaugural running of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship May 2-4 at the world-renowned race track, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and Continental Tire agree to continue the successful partnership they began in 2011.
The Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli is one of the most popular one-make series, in part because it brings together complete track novices and those who already have competition experience. The former have their own Coppa Shell with a separate classification and final title, while the latter race in the Trofeo Pirelli, also with a title up for grabs, so as to avoid a one-sided contest and assure a good show, from expert competitors racing at a very high level, as well as gentleman drivers who can thus compete on equal terms.
The Ferrari Challenge returns to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca with three full days of racing where fans can see the swift and exotic Ferrari 458 Challenge cars attacking the technically-demanding 11-turn road course. The series allows Ferrari owners the opportunity to compete wheel-to-wheel while providing Ferrari enthusiasts and motorsport fans the chance to watch the Prancing Horse run in its natural environment – the race track.
When: May 16-18, 2014
Tickets: Advance purchase daily general admission is $20 or a three-day pass is available for $40. General admission and paddock is free for Children 12 and under with a paying adult. Hospitality starts at $300.
Don’t miss out on all the activities and premier parking for your sports car at this year’s Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix, May 2-4. Whether it is a Mazda, Corvette or Porsche, our car corrals are a place for you to conveniently park, enjoy hanging out with friends and be near all the on-track action.
The $25 car corral experience includes exclusive premium parking in the Lakebed or Turn 5 Shelf. Corral parking is being offered for Mazda, Audi, BMW, Corvette, and Porsche.
Motorcycle enthusiasts eager to see the eni FIM Superbike World Championship return to the Monterey Peninsula may purchase tickets beginning January 22 at 8 a.m. PT online at MazdaRaceway.com or Ticketmaster.com or by calling the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca ticket office at 800-327-7322.
What: The SCCA National Championship Runoffs is the end-of-year championship race for the Sports Car Club of America Club Racing’s amateur competitors. Divisional champions and other top drivers from the SCCA’s 115 regions are invited to participate at the Runoffs, which consist of practice, qualifying and three days of racing, Friday through Sunday. National Championships are awarded to the winners of each class in a winner-take-all, single race format.
The following categories define the 27 classes that compete in SCCA Club Racing National events throughout the year and their participation totals determine which will take part in the Runoffs:
• Production – Series produced cars which are allowed a range of performance modifications while retaining their original design, structure and drive layout;
• Formula – The six formula classes are all single-seat, open-wheel race cars;
• Prototype – Purpose-built road racing cars with full composite bodies, yet underneath, these cars are pure racing machines;
• Sedan – Comprised of American muscle cars such as Camaros, Firebirds, GTOs and Mustangs with production-based chassis and modified suspensions and brakes;
• Touring – High performance cars which, because of their performance potential, required some changes to their wheel/tires and suspension components;
• Grand Touring – Purpose-built, highly-modified “silhouette” replicas of series-produced sports sedans;
• Super Touring – Designed to allow late-model production-based cars more extensive modifications such as including wings, engine swaps, etc.,
• Spec Miata – Provides the opportunity to compete in low cost, production-based cars with limited modifications, suitable for racing competition.
When: October 10-12, 2014
Tickets: Advance purchase general admission is $25 per day and $60 for a three-day pass. General admission and paddock is free for Children 12 and under with a paying adult. Hospitality starts at $300.