Motorcycle enthusiasts eager to see the eni FIM Superbike World Championship return to the Monterey Peninsula may purchase tickets beginning January 22 at 8 a.m. PT online at MazdaRaceway.com or Ticketmaster.com or by calling the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca ticket office at 800-327-7322.
What: The SCCA National Championship Runoffs is the end-of-year championship race for the Sports Car Club of America Club Racing’s amateur competitors. Divisional champions and other top drivers from the SCCA’s 115 regions are invited to participate at the Runoffs, which consist of practice, qualifying and three days of racing, Friday through Sunday. National Championships are awarded to the winners of each class in a winner-take-all, single race format.
The following categories define the 27 classes that compete in SCCA Club Racing National events throughout the year and their participation totals determine which will take part in the Runoffs:
• Production – Series produced cars which are allowed a range of performance modifications while retaining their original design, structure and drive layout;
• Formula – The six formula classes are all single-seat, open-wheel race cars;
• Prototype – Purpose-built road racing cars with full composite bodies, yet underneath, these cars are pure racing machines;
• Sedan – Comprised of American muscle cars such as Camaros, Firebirds, GTOs and Mustangs with production-based chassis and modified suspensions and brakes;
• Touring – High performance cars which, because of their performance potential, required some changes to their wheel/tires and suspension components;
• Grand Touring – Purpose-built, highly-modified “silhouette” replicas of series-produced sports sedans;
• Super Touring – Designed to allow late-model production-based cars more extensive modifications such as including wings, engine swaps, etc.,
• Spec Miata – Provides the opportunity to compete in low cost, production-based cars with limited modifications, suitable for racing competition.
When: October 10-12, 2014
Tickets: Advance purchase general admission is $25 per day and $60 for a three-day pass. General admission and paddock is free for Children 12 and under with a paying adult. Hospitality starts at $300.
With Chevrolet’s Corvette as its honored marque this year, the Rolex Monterey Motorsport Reunion is celebrating an American sports car legacy over three action-packed days that cap off the Monterey Peninsula’s annual Classic Car Week. A total of 45 Corvettes are racing among the Reunion’s 550 historic automobile entries, which are racing in 16 groups and representing nearly every era of sports car racing.In addition, the Corvette Heritage Display features a collection of the most important cars in Corvette’s evolution, starting with a 1954 car from the earliest “generation 1” and endi
The Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion will celebrate the rich 100-year history of Maserati, one of Italy’s iconic luxury sports car brands that throughout the century has been deeply rooted in racing. The celebration will be held August 14-17, 2014 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
The sounds of motorcycles will again roar through the central California hillsides as the eni FIM Superbike World Championship returns to Monterey July 11-13, 2014 for its only U.S. appearance.
“When World Superbike returned to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca this season we agreed to a three year contract,” says Gill Campbell, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca CEO/general manager. “We were very pleased with the first year and look forward to building upon its success.”
Officials from Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and Sports Car Club of America confirmed today the dates of the 2014 SCCA National Championship Runoffs®, October 6-12, 2014.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca will become the seventh track to host the National Championship event in the Runoffs’ 50-year history, and marks the return of the Runoffs to the West Coast for the first time since the now-closed Riverside International Raceway in 1968.