Mazda Raceway has an App for That!
With hundreds of thousands of fans flocking to the Monterey
Peninsula to attend the races at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, the
facility is enhancing their experience by partnering with local
business to offer great discounts.
The Corkscrew Passport app has launched and is now available for free download on iTunes. The new app allows users to make reservations at participating partner restaurants, get directions and post to the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca fan wall.
“Our fans come from all over the world and are eager to explore the area, but want suggestions on where to go,” says Gill Campbell, CEO/general manager of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. “The discounts are a bonus. The real value to the fan is its simplicity. It’s all at their fingertips.”
Initial Corkscrew Passport participating partners and their offers:
- Anton & Michel (Carmel): 15 percent off entire meal
- Cannery Row Brewing Company (Monterey): happy hour pricing anytime
- Famous Dave’s (Salinas): free appetizer with purchase
- Merlot Bistro! (Carmel): 15 percent off entire meal
- Portabella (Carmel): 15 percent off entire meal
- Santa Cruz Auto Parts (Santa Cruz): 15 percent off parts, products or services
- The Grill on Ocean Avenue (Carmel): 15 percent off entire meal
“We saw a real value in partnering with the race track,” said
Michael Blecman, general manager of Famous Dave’s in Salinas,
Calif. “Many of the race fans are passing through Salinas and
looking for a great dining experience. Now our restaurant is in
front of their eyes and we’re offering them a little something
special to choose Famous Daves while they are here.
The app will surely be of great use for spectators attending the three remaining races on the 2012 schedule: the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix, featuring the MotoGP World Championship (July 27-29), Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion (August 17-19) and Continental Tire Sports Car Festival, powered by Mazda (Sept. 7-9).