Intern – Food & Beverage
Food and Beverage Intern
Vice President Event Operations, Assistant Manager Event Operations and Event Coordinator
- Interest in a career in motorsports and/or event planning
- Hospitality, Events and/or Customer Service Background
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel a must
- Professional phone etiquette and customer service skills
- Well organized with an eye for detail
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time in an efficient manner
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Available to work overtime and weekends
- Professional Dress attire required
As part of the Event Operations Department, this internship will work directly with members of the Hospitality and Event Operations staff in various event fulfillment and operations. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
Food and Beverage Duties:
- Assist F&B Coordinator to ensure that all incoming event beverage product is properly inventoried and entered into the Point-of-Sale System and work closely with the Concessions Committee.
- Assist the Concession’s Committee with any problems and help make sure that all product is delivered on time.
- Assist in the placement of keg trailers and other equipment associated with Food and
- Beverage areas along with the Concessions Committee.
- Assist F&B Coordinator to check in on all Food Vendors. Make sure that all Food Vendors are in compliance to all SCRAMP and health department rules and regulations. See if there is any need for beverages or ice.
- Assist in ticket fulfillment for Food Vendors.
- During MotoGP, Assist F&B Coordinator with placement of F&B equipment (refrigerator, water coolers, etc.) to the offices of teams and the sanctioning body. The Sports Car Racing Association of the Monterey Peninsula (SCRAMP) has operated Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca since it’s opening
- Assist in the fulfillment of Corporate Hospitalities; follow-up calls, issuing and mailing credentials, etc.
- Assist in different aspects of event planning; ordering equipment, facilitating meetings, etc.
- Assist with issuing and mailing credentials and car passes for each event.
- Assist in on-site hospitality and vendor area inspections
- Assist on event tasks; answering questions, ordering and processing services, etc.
- Assist with the processing of golf cart orders, paddock camping reservations and send out confirmations.
- Assist in day to day office tasks; answering phones, making copies, filing, etc.
- Control database of Insurance Certificate. Know what the event insurance requirements are, confirm the certificate meets those requirements, notify your supervisor of the certificate and file electronically and in hard file.
- Assist with inventory of wristband, television and signage.
- Assist with incoming service and product orders, following-up and answering questions from clients and sending confirmations
- Assist in post event reporting
- Maintenance of clean, organized work area
- Assist and support other departments within the organization if needed including phones
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds