Intern – Event Operations
Event Operations Intern
Vice President Event Operations, Assistant Manager Event Operations and Event Coordinator
- Interest in a career in motorsports and/or event planning
- Hospitality, Events and/or Customer Service Background
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel a must
- Professional phone etiquette and customer service skills
- Well organized with an eye for detail
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time in an efficient manner
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Available to work overtime and weekends
- Professional Dress attire required
As part of the Event Operations Department, this internship will work directly with members of the Hospitality and Event Operations staff in various event fulfillment and operations. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
Event Operations Duties:
- Assist in the creation and execution of Hospitality signage. This will require contacting hospitality clients when needed and working with internal SCRAMP committees to ensure enough time to make the signs and that they are in place.
- Work with Assistant Manager Event Operations to fulfill all supplier credential requests.
- Assist in the fulfillment of Corporate Hospitalities, including car corrals; follow-up calls, issuing and mailing credentials, etc.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of promoter testing day activities.
- Assist in the coordination of getting national anthem singer and color guard to the starting grid
- on time.
- Assist Event Operations team in gathering required information for the Corporate Expense breakdown after every race.
- Assist in different aspects of event planning; ordering equipment, facilitating meetings, etc.
- Assist with issuing and mailing credentials and car passes for each event.
- Assist in on-site hospitality and vendor area inspections
- Assist on event tasks; answering questions, ordering and processing services, etc.
- Assist with the processing of golf cart orders, paddock camping reservations and send out confirmations.
- Assist in day to day office tasks; answering phones, making copies, filing, etc.
- Control database of Insurance Certificate. Know what the event insurance requirements are, confirm the certificate meets those requirements, notify your supervisor of the certificate and file electronically and in hard file.
- Assist with inventory of wristband, television and signage.
- Assist with incoming service and product orders, following-up and answering questions from clients and sending confirmations
- Assist in post event reporting
- Maintenance of clean, organized work area
- Assist and support other departments within the organization if needed including phones
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds