2017 Mazda Raceway Twilight Cycling Schedule Opens Jan. 18
Hosted by SCRAMP, Bay Bikes and Light & Motion
The proverbial green flag is scheduled to wave Jan. 18 at 5 p.m. to open the ninth season of Twilight Cycling rides at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
▪ Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2017 from 5-7 p.m. (weather permitting)
▪ Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, 1021 Monterey-Salinas Highway (Hwy 68)
▪ $10 per ride — helmets are required … parking in the main paddock
▪ Bay Bikes will be on site to rent bikes and helmets and provide maintenance … Light & Motion will provide loaner lights.
▪ Next Ride: Feb. 15, 2017, 5-7 p.m. (weather permitting)
Riders of all ages and skill levels take to the 11-turn 2.238-mile iconic road course at the Laguna Seca Recreation Area for an evening of two-wheeled fun and exercise. Twilight Cycling is one of the many community service-oriented programs that SCRAMP and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca conduct throughout the year.
The January ride is the first of 12 rides throughout the year and is scheduled to take place from 5-7 p.m. There is a $10 entry fee per rider and helmets are required to participate.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca is the perfect place to train hard, ride for fun or do a little of both. Traffic flow is in one direction and 100 percent bicycles. There’s the 180 feet of overall elevation change to test your stamina and the 18 percent downhill grade at Turn 8A, and overall 109-foot drop between Turns 8 and 9, to test your determination. Throw in the spectacular rural Monterey County landscape and you have the perfect recipe for a great early evening of fun and exercise.
2017 Twilight Cycling Schedule
Aug. 15 (Tuesday)**
**Twilight Cycling events will take place the week of one of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca’s major events